Delivered in May this year, M.V. BoldWind was the first of two specialized deck cargo carriers long term chartered by MHI Vestas Offshore Wind and dedicated to the movement of offshore wind energy components. She is built to a German-developed design combining optimised capacity with a multi-engine diesel-electric powering system.
- Built by Jiangsu Zhejiang Shipbuilding, PRC
- Owned by United Wind Logistics, Hamburg
- Chartered by MHI Vestas Offshore Wind
- LOA 148.5m
- Beam 28m
- Cargo flat deck area 128m x 28m
- GRT 8.604 tons
- DWT 10,000 MT
- Speed 13 knots
- Registered in Madeira, Portugal
- BoldWind is currently providing logistical support to several projects around the UK, Northwest Europe and the Baltic. With her forward-located superstructure and a load capacity of 10,000 MT on an unobstructed and flush, open deck area of nearly 3,600m2, the vessel has been designed to provide a flexible solution to the movement of project cargoes.
The ship’s electrical package was supplied by ABB, with power delivery from four MAN gensets driven by medium-speed engines. The plant incorporates selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology to ensure IMO Tier III compliance on NOx emissions
Sister vessel BraveWind was delivered in September this year (picture below) and the company has options for two additional vessels of this class.
At West Pacific Marine, the main goal of our Vancouver marine consultants is to empower you with reliable information and the development of a strategy that meets your unique project needs. Get in touch to learn more and schedule a meeting.